Sunday, January 12, 2014

Smoke Alarm For The Deaf


I was born deaf and my hearing aids help me to hear a lot of things. For years there was just a regular smoke alarm in the place where I have been living. If it would beep during the day when I had my hearing aids on, I would hear it. But when I am sleeping I can't hear anything when I take my hearing aids off. That causes a problem.

In the past my daughter has usually been here to alert me in case the smoke alarm went off. And that was very helpful to me though it rarely ever happened. I have been wearing my new hearing aids and they cannot pick up the beeping sounds from the smoke alarm. But when I put back on my old hearing aids I heard the beeping loud and clearly. Therefore I have to take my new hearing aids back to my audiologist to be reprogrammed on a machine.

My father ordered the Gentex photoelectric smoke alarm with a strobe light. He got it from the Spectronics Corporation. This is the link to the site-Spectronics. It works very well and it surely will wake me up when I'm sleeping if it goes off. It has a flashing light and it makes a beeping sound when you test it. You can read more about it on Bubblews at: Smoke Alarm For The Deaf.

If you would like to join me on Bubblews and make extra money just click on Bubblews

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of a smoking alarm that also has flashing lights on it. Nobody wants to be caught out in a fire situation and it's usually the smoke that kills. There are just so many things to think about when you are deaf. Until I read this post, it wouldn't have crossed my mind.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments:

Tricks and Tips Now Change My Twitter Username With Your Username Th