Sunday, February 10, 2013

Alarm Clock for Deaf People



The Wake & Shake Jumbo alarm clock by Clear Sounds is the best one I ever used. Mine is pretty old. My mother brought it for me over 10 years ago. It's amazing it still works as good as new. This is the most reliable alarm clock I've ever had. I would definitely recommend this one for anyone who is deaf and that is unable to hear sounds.

In the past I had thrown this clock into the back of my closet and had forgotten about it. It has a lot of buttons, and I didn't feel like reading the directions to figure out how to work everything. Too bad I did that. A few years ago I was using a regular alarm clock. I would set the radio at full blast. When it went off, I used to hear it when it would go off for half an hour. If I was in a deep sleep forget it, the sounds are very faint when my hearing aids are off. It doesn't work. Most of the time I did used to wake up to it, only if the volume was all the way up. Then it became a problem. The sound was too loud and it would wake up my neighbors and my daughter constantly. Then my hearing got worst. Last year I couldn't hear it at all, no matter how loud it was. Then I had to give it up and use the one I threw in my closet and forgotten about. Finally I read the directions and learned how to use the bed vibrator and the phone signaler and flashing strobe light. Once you use it a few times and set it up, it becomes easy. This was the best thing I have done for myself as far as waking myself up. No more blasting music at 6 in the morning and waking up the neighbors. No more relying on my daughter having to wake me up when I'm not hearing the alarm go off. I had set it up by putting the vibrator under the pillow. And I would set it so that the strobe light would flash in the morning at the same time while my bed vibrator would shake. This worked perfect. After that I woke up on time every morning and the neighbors and my daughter finally got their peace and quiet. :)

4 comments:

  1. It is nice to learn a bout this alarm clock. I didn't know that such clock is available for the deaf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That's interesting! I had no idea that some people didn't know about these clocks. I appreciate you telling me this, that makes this post very worthwhile and educational! :)

      Delete
  2. I have an alarm similar to this one! Usually scares me when it wakes me up lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny, it scares me too. Especially when the lights are flashing it makes me think the fire alarm went off. :) Thank you for adding my blog button, I found your button and added it to my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments: