Monday, February 18, 2013

Delta Airlines-I Filed A Legal Complaint


On Dec. 22, 2012 as you know Delta Airlines did not provide me any closed captioning monitors at my gate to announce when my flight was leaving.   Nor did they bother to close caption the safety demonstration on my plane for me.   And the flight attendant did not know sign language and she had no knowledge of how to communicate with me as a deaf passenger.  And even though I told the people in the airport I was deaf when I checked in my bags, they did not refer me to any kind of special services they had for deaf people.   So, I decided to do something.    So I turned around and filled out some forms, got it notarized and send it out.   They received it, and notified me that they will be doing an investigation at Delta Airlines regarding my complaint.
Hopefully this will solve some problems in most airports that the deaf passengers are going through.   Things has got to change for the deaf passengers.   As far as I know, some of the deaf people are getting the services there.   But they need to provide services for ALL of the deaf passengers, not just some of them!   I will continue on with this fight for my rights!

6 comments:

  1. I hope you finally get your problems resolved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it will take a while, but I sure hope so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope everything turns out well, Susana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nina, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Susana. Fight for your right. Fight for the right of deaf passengers. i do hope everything will turn out fine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Ric! I sure hope they will make things easier for the deaf passengers in the future after going through all this.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments: