Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Ghost In The Night


Back in the 1980's when I went to college in Rochester, NY at NTID/RIT I met a man name Mark that was graduating that year. He wanted to take a trip to his cabin before dropping me off at home in New Jersey. As he was going to throw a little graduation party there and he invited all his college friends to come. As he was driving along, we came to Galway, N.Y. The scenery was beautiful and different. There were a lot of valleys and hills all around. And the flowers out there were really pretty. Finally we came to the cabin that his family owned. It was in the middle of nowhere out in the woods. The place looked pretty creepy from the outside and inside. It was so old. And inside the cabin it looked like it was from the 1800's. There was old fashioned furniture in there and on the left side a very old looking closet. It was so dark in there with no lights inside. Even the clothing that was hanging on a wooded pole out in the open looked old fashioned and old. We went fishing on the canoe in the lake,and I caught some fish. Afterwards we had a cookout outside and waited for his friends to come. Nobody showed up, and boy was he mad. He told me they were never really his friends after all. I looked around outside and noticed that there were no people and no other houses around. We were alone out in the country in the middle of the woods with no electricity. Then we went inside and since there was no t.v. or any phone to use, I read for awhile. Then went to sleep.

Something woke me up at 2 in the morning. A man over seven feet tall with red angry eyes was staring at me. He had the look telling me to get out of his house. This man looked like he was from the old days in the 1700's. He reminded me of those men from the past that used to chop wood out in the forest. He had a beard, a red t-shirt and jeans on and was a bit heavy. I couldn't hear what the man said to me, as my hearing aids were off. I was so scared because I was afraid he was going to hurt me. He looked so mad and his red eyes were totally evil looking. I have never been more frightened in my whole life. First thing I did was scream as loud as I could and hid under the covers. My friend didn't see it, but I kept pointing at that man. In the morning I told Mark to get me out of there right away. So we packed our things and left the place. Before we left, I drew a picture of the ghost and left it in the drawer in the cabin. Mark returned alone the next day to get his things. He must of been really brave to do that. I guess he didn't believe me when I told him what I saw. And I never went back there again.

2 comments:

  1. Sooo It was a REAL ghost!? That's so crazy. I would have been so scared man! I think i saw a ghost once but im not sure.... great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments: