Friday, November 22, 2013

Tim Horton's Drive-Thru Lacks Assistance For The Deaf


Tonight I stopped at the Tim Horton's drive-thru to see what kind of services they had available for deaf people. As I pulled up to the speakers, I was hoping to see some kind of sign directing deaf people where to put in their orders. Well there was absolutely nothing there for those with hearing and speech difficulties. I stared blankly at the speakers and put in my order the best as I could. Then someone said something back to me through the speakers and I didn't understand a word being said over it.

I looked at the screen hoping they would close caption everything being said from the speakers. There was nothing captioned at all. I looked blankly at the big menu on the screen and saw nothing indicating to me what the person said. The world needs to understand that deaf people have no use for speakers. Please make it fair to everyone in this world and provide assistance for deaf people at all drive-thru's. I spoke to the supervisor there and I asked her to put up a sign directing deaf people to skip the speakers and to pull up to the window. Then I suggested to her to inform the manager that providing touch screens there would help millions of people and not just the deaf.


You can read more about what happened at Tim Horton's here at:
Tim Hortons Drive-Thru Does Not Provide Assistance For The Deaf

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments: