Wednesday, January 23, 2013

About Me-My Grandparents Were Amazing

This is a very old photo of my Grandfather, Mr. Rosenblum. He was the owner of 5 Stuff to Wear Stores all over Florida. In the past he would take us to Disney World every year, Sea World, and places like that. He used to take me to see the rockets on display at the space center when I was very little by Cocoa Beach, Florida. I always loved to stay at my grandparents condo, there was a pool right behind it and stairs to the beach next to the pool. When I was little I thought it was so beautiful there. They would give me free clothes from their Stuff To Wear Stores, so I was always well dressed for school. They were very well off, and they would take us out to Seafood Restaurants every night for dinner. And to the most fancy places. My grandfather did very well financially, he would throw in a 100 dollar bill every time we ate out to pay for our meals as if it was nothing. Not only take the family out, but he would take a few people that worked in his store and pay for them also. My grandparents business did really well in the past But it went down after they sold all their stores when they got too old to work. One day they asked me to work in their store, but I had to stand all day, putting clothes on racks, sorting them, that job wasn't for me, it was tiring. I will never work in a clothing store since I already know what it is like. My grandparents were very special in my life, they brought me my first car to use to go to College. My Grandfather passed away during my early years in college, over 27 years ago, and my Grandmother recently passed on just a few years ago. They had kept some amazing pieces of furniture that I always admired when I visited them in Florida many years ago. My grandmother hanged on to a Seashell glass table, that I thought was really neat, and a marble glass coffee table. They were shipped to me a few years ago, these pieces of furniture reminds me of history. I will never forget these people, they were a big part of my life. And I know they wanted nothing but happiness for me in my life.

8 comments:

  1. Grandparents are always amazing! aren't they? Though right now they are in a different country, there is not a single day that passes by without me thinking about them!

    PS: I just love this little blue bird. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, I think about them often too, they had such a beautiful life. Thank you, I thought that blue bird was something special. One day I got to give it a name. :)

      Delete
  2. What great memories and grandparents. You're both right though maybe we're all just the lucky ones to have such awesome grandparents

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I have is good memories of them. :) They were like big stars in the family. My grandmother always dressed up so well till she was 91 years old. I don't know how she did that, but I applaud her for that talent. Me, I don't like to dress up. I dress down as much as possible. I just like to wear what is comfortable, getting dressed up is too much of a hassle for me. I have to do that enough for work. I have all these pictures of her wearing these white suits and jewelry. It's no wonder whey she owned so many clothing stores, she just loves clothes. Me, I'm the opposite when it comes to clothes, I don't like to shop. Thank you for your wonderful thoughts.

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing this. I too had amazing grandparents. I occasionally comment on my blog about my grandmother who was also a poet, and how she and I would write poems together when I was just a little boy. She and my mother (who was her daughter of course) taught me more about love and kindness than just about anyone. ~~TK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! I'm so glad to hear that, it's a nice blessing to have. I got to go take a look at your blog again. Your mother and grandmother sounds like such wonderful people. Thank you for sharing this with us. :)

      Delete
  4. Grand parents are wonderful.....thanks for sharing this post...it reminded my grandparents.... :-)


    Helen
    http://myworldmyhome2012.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments: